This weekend I've been in touch with my calmer side. I've been listening to Oren Lavie, and his amazing album "The Opposite Side Of The Sea". If you're into folk music and a little more mature sounding music, get off your ass and listen to this album! The first track "Her Morning Elegance" really kicks off the album. It has a very soft and relaxing feel, almost like it's 10 in the morning, and you have nothing to do but enjoy the morning. The song has a great feel and talks about the story of a young lady living her everyday life. My favorite track on the whole album would have to me "Trouble Don't Rhyme". The sound of rain falling during the songs really sets the scene for the song, and the feel. I feel as if Oren is trying to portray a message about how things fall into place. That not everything goes as planned, but sometimes they do. Honestly I wish I had better insight on the true meaning of the album but I need to listen to it more. Go get this album and listen to it, you won't be let down.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
The Opposite Side Of The Sea
This weekend I've been in touch with my calmer side. I've been listening to Oren Lavie, and his amazing album "The Opposite Side Of The Sea". If you're into folk music and a little more mature sounding music, get off your ass and listen to this album! The first track "Her Morning Elegance" really kicks off the album. It has a very soft and relaxing feel, almost like it's 10 in the morning, and you have nothing to do but enjoy the morning. The song has a great feel and talks about the story of a young lady living her everyday life. My favorite track on the whole album would have to me "Trouble Don't Rhyme". The sound of rain falling during the songs really sets the scene for the song, and the feel. I feel as if Oren is trying to portray a message about how things fall into place. That not everything goes as planned, but sometimes they do. Honestly I wish I had better insight on the true meaning of the album but I need to listen to it more. Go get this album and listen to it, you won't be let down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment