Tuesday, November 17, 2009

$155 for tacos


Meeting up with old friends is always a fun time. I had the opportunity last night to meet up with my old buddy, Tyler Cook. We decided to go get some tacos, since that's what we usually did when we lived in Mexico City. We went to a local Mexican restaurant in Provo to indulge ourselves. We both ordered the unlimited Al Pastor taco deal for $10. Both Tyler and I set the new record at the restaurant with 20 tacos each. Super good time just hanging out and speaking Spanish and eating some good food. Afterwards we went to Tyler's place where he told me not to drive over because I could get a ticket. We hung out at his place for a bit; when he took me back to my Jeep, it wasn't there anymore. Apparently there was a sign at the entrance stating that there was to be no over night parking. I called the number to find out how where my car was and to see what it's going to cost me to get it back. I was told it was going to be $145, no compromises, or breaks. I tried not to get upset about it, but how could you not! I just went home to sleep on it and calm down. This morning my roommate Jason and I went to bail my beloved Jeep out of car jail, costing me an arm and a leg. Needless to say that was a pretty expensive learning experience. The lesson to be learned here is that if you are ever in Provo/Orem and you need a place to park; don't park anywhere that says UNIVERSTIY PARKING! Those guys are relentless and will make no deal with you. I understand that they are a company with good intentions, and they do help out with a lot of parking problems at apartment complexes. I'm not bad mouthing them at all, i'm just waring you to watch where you park so you don't have to pay out your first born to get your car back like I and many other have had to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment