Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Act Your Wage?

Today at a stop light I saw something that really stood out to me. I saw a sticker on a truck window that said, "Act Your Wage?". The truck was an older one, and the driver appeared to be about 27. I thought about what that meant to me, and how funny but true that short statement was. If we as Americans would obey that simple line (me included) how much better off would we be? It seems that we are always trying to "keep up with the Jones'". Especially where I live in Utah Valley I notice it a lot. I see kids all of the time that are my age driving brand new trucks, or luxury cars. It baffles me and dumbfounds me how they can afford them. I'm sure most of their parents are the culprits for there lavishing cars, which is astonishing. Let the kid make it on his own, let them deal with REAL life for a change, something good might just happen. Whether you make $1000 a year or $1,000,000 a year, act your wage.

No comments:

Post a Comment